To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? – John 18:37-38
The Benghazi 9/11 attack that killed four brave Americans was caused by a YouTube video. Michael Brown had his hands up and shouted “Don’t shoot” before Ferguson cop Darren Wilson shot him. Man-caused global warming is settled science. Bruce Jenner is a woman. Donald Trump’s adviser Steve Bannon is a white supremacist. Vladimir Putin hacked America’s election system and Trump is his puppet.
... A journalist’s job, I have long said, is to be a professional truth-teller, but that raises the ultimate question: As Pilate asked Jesus, “What is truth?”
Traditionally minded Americans, conservatives, evangelical Christians and countless others see truth one way. But those on “the left” – code for a worldview of churning rebellion against the Judeo-Christian, capitalist, Constitution-honoring ways of previous generations of Americans – have their own very different notions of truth.
Of course, Americans have the cherished constitutional right to believe whatever “truth” they want, however absurd it might be. But there is a big price to pay, both as individuals and as a nation, for embracing lies as truth.
... Indeed, liberal media bias has metastasized into nothing less than a war on truth.
... Fake news, when codified over time, becomes fake history – which is what we find, for example, in the ubiquitous but irredeemably dark, America-hating “history” textbook by Howard Zinn, “A People’s History of the United States.” This book is routinely assigned as required reading for our children throughout America’s public high schools and colleges. According to Zinn’s “fake history,” America is at core an evil, racist, predatory ration that has grown in wealth and power only by exploiting minorities throughout its bloody history. Scant reference can be found to the enormous, unparalleled good that America has done for the world, its incredible generosity toward other nations, the hundreds of thousands of young lives sacrificially given for others in wars like WWII, and the multiplicity of ways America have elevated, fed, supported, protected and liberated so much of the rest of the world.
... Underlying today’s wall-to-wall fake news and fake history is what we could call fake truth – that is, core baseline assumptions about life that are simply not true. Yet they are the very themes we see reflected in so many misleading leftist-oriented news reports day after day.
A few such underlying assumptions include:
- Islam is a religion of peace. (Islam has been an imperialistic, warlike religion for 14 centuries and shows no signs of changing now – indeed, using intimidation and terror, it is engaged in an aggressive expansion campaign throughout the world,)
- Homosexuality, as a sexual preference, is genetically hardwired into people from birth and cannot be changed. (There is no evidence of a “gay gene,” but overwhelming evidence that early childhood influences, especially abuse, play a major role in later self-identification as homosexual.) However, actual gender identity – whether one is physically a male or a female – is fluid and can change. (This is literally impossible since, for example, all 37.2 trillion cells in a grown man’s body are permanently branded with male “Y” chromosomes.)
- America is still a deeply racist nation. (The U.S. is unquestionably the least racist nation on earth, twice electing a black man as president after, decades earlier, having widely embraced Martin Luther King’s “dream” of a color-blind America.)
- Capitalism is inherently predatory and is failing as an economic system in America. (Free-market capitalism is hands-down the most successful economic system in world history, delivering a far higher standard of living to far more people than any other system.)
- America’s highest law demands a “constitutional separation of church and state.” (No such phrase exists in the U.S. Constitution and the First Amendment says nothing of the sort.)
- “Man-caused global warming” is settled science. (At least one petition has signatures of more than 31,000 American scientists, including over 9,000 with Ph.D.s, specifically refuting that position.)
Your worldview ultimately determines your understanding and grasp of truth. The worldview of the mainsteam media and most political elites is light-years away from the Biblical perspective. Like the Pied Piper, they lead the gullible into misery and destruction.