In Nov 2015, Matt Walsh laid out a powerfully strong argument here that American liberalism has descended into total madness with its all-in support for the "transgender" movement.
The Department of Education is very good at demonstrating why it shouldn’t exist. It put on its most convincing display this week when it ruled — you know, like a court, except it’s not a court — that Illinois’ largest school district violated the “civil rights” of a gender-confused boy by not letting him use the girl’s locker room. The school district now has 30 days to force underage females to change in front of the “transgender” student, or it will lose funding. Clearly, this is the role our Founders envisioned for the federal government.
I have a few points I’d like to make about this case.
- Barack Obama is facilitating the sexual abuse of underage children ...... make no mistake, allowing a boy to change in front of girls, and requiring that girls change in front of him, is sexual abuse .... allowing any man of any persuasion to watch girls use the bathroom or change their clothes is appalling and exploitative ... This is wrong. It’s demented. It’s evil. It’s dangerous. It’s abusive. Every argument in favor should be dismissed as the blathering nonsense it so clearly is.
- The homosexual/transgender lobby can never be appeased .... This is what the marriage fight was all about. Many states had already offered homosexuals an arrangement that would carry all of the same legal benefits as marriage, just without the title. But it wasn’t enough. Most homosexuals aren’t even interested in monogamous relationships, but they wanted access to marriage — marriage itself, not something close to it — because, well, just because. Because it’s never enough. This also explains the fights over weddings cakes and photography and floral shops. Homosexuals can go basically anywhere and get a cake, or hire a photographer, or buy flowers, but if they encounter one business — just one, in a sea of other businesses — that wishes to refrain from being involved in gay “wedding” ceremonies, they must force it to comply or see that it is destroyed. It’s not enough to simply go somewhere else. It’s never enough.
- The homosexual/transgender lobby dominates and controls liberalism .... Liberalism is the prominent ideology in America, yet it is ultimately dominated by the most quantitatively insignificant group on the planet. Homosexuals are already a relatively rare breed, and “transgenders” are even more scarce. There are a handful of gender-confused people in this country, but their demands and desires trump everyone’s, including even the desires of the feminists who used to rule the liberal roost ..... If there is a war on women, this is where it’s being waged.
- With “transgenderism,” the left has finally jumped the shark .... The phrase “jump the shark” comes from the infamous “Happy Days” episode where the Fonze dons a leather jacket and a pair of water skis and literally jumps over a shark. Now it’s come to describe the moment where any TV show exhausts all of its plots and story arches and has to resort to ridiculous and desperate measures to keep its audience entertained ... This is the situation liberalism is in at the present moment ... Liberalism has no truth at its foundation, so it can only keep moving. Christians live in a house built on rock, but liberals have no house at all. They are ideological nomads, wandering ever further into the abyss. With ”transgenderism,” there is some evidence that liberalism has wandered a bridge too far .... It’s a total fantasy bearing no resemblance to reality whatsoever.
- Liberals are waging a war on reality .... if we relent and concede that science is relative and human beings are gods who can choose their own biological makeup; if the left jumps over the shark and into the dark waters of full fledged insanity, and many in our society take the plunge right along with it, then there will be no stopping liberalism .... If we willingly forfeit the definition of “man” and “woman,” right after forfeiting the definition of marriage, and long after forfeiting the definition of human life, then we will have no basis left to oppose anything else liberalism tries to do. We will have given it everything, ceded its every demand, compromised on every single imaginable point, and that will be the end of it. All we’ll be able to do, then, is sit and wait for our civilization to eat itself and collapse into dust .... We either draw a line here and make a final stand for objective truth — declaring without equivocation that some things, like our sex, are real and absolute — or else we give up and play along and tell ourselves that truth never mattered all that much anyway.
In Jan 2015, Bob Ellis highlighted here the story of one man who had transgender surgery and subsequently realized the "experts" had no idea what they were talking about and came back into reality.
Walt Heyer, a man who had his body mutilated to look like a woman and has since switched back to looking like the man he is, is now warning others that happiness is not found in denying reality and mutilating your body.
.... But the Californian said these feelings of elation soon gave way to much darker feelings: ‘Immediately after the procedure, you’re in a state of euphoria because you battle it for so long.
‘You think this is wonderful and fabulous and you think your life’s going to be good and then as time goes on, there’s this funny little thing that happens in life. It’s called reality.’
Ellis warns us that,
"Not that many years ago, when our culture was still populated with mostly responsible, thinking people, we understood that mature people have to conform to reality, and that we do not attempt to manipulate reality to conform to our confusions and disorientations."
As I warned earlier here, reality is a hammer that ultimately and inevitably smashes delusional worldviews. Unfortunately - the greater the delusion, the more catastrophic the hammer tends to be.